About Hartman Companies
Hartman Companies was established in 1971 and has grown into a diverse company offering everything from world-class golf course work, full-service landscaping services, and the opportunity to walk through our fully-stocked garden center. Our tree farm is open to both residential and commercial landscapers.
No matter the size or the scope of the job, Hartman Companies can do it. Every member of our team shares our commitment to provide high-quality services that set the industry standards. We earn our customer’s trust and respect with a commitment to excellence, professionalism and a highly trained and experienced staff.
In 1963 Marvin Hartman, a successful homebuilder, planted the seed that has grown into Hartman Companies. Just for fun, Marvin and his wife Caroline collected 20 varieties of shade and evergreen cuttings, placed them in their basement and carefully nurtured them into seedlings. As the seedlings thrived and grew, they were transplanted into the field behind their home. Before long those developing trees were being used in landscapes, beautifying the homes Marvin built throughout the Victoria area.
- 1968 – Marvin Hartman purchased 225 acres a mile east of his home, a location that is the current site of Hartman Companies, Inc.
- 1971 – the first of 25,000 trees growing on the property were harvested and sold.
- 1980 – Marvin’s son Jerry and his wife Ann became operators of the tree farm while Marvin continued to develop properties and build homes.
- 1990 – Hartman Tree farm expanded and began installing trees, landscaping, and irrigation systems.
- 2005 – Hartman Tree Farm was purchased by Marvin and Caroline’s son and daughter-in-law, Jeffrey and Leslie. The tree farm was merged with the Hartman Companies Golf Division.
“Hartman Garden Center and Tree Farm is a growing story that began in 1971. From a simple tree farm in 1963, the company has grown and expanded into a comprehensive provider of environmental services that sets the standard others strive to achieve. We earn our customers’ trust and respect with a commitment to excellence, professionalism, and dedicated service. Healthy, growing plant life is the core of our business, and from the very first days of operation we have been focused on green practices. Today, more than ever before, it is essential to be environmentally responsible in our business. We are committed to being good stewards of the environment and we integrate ecologically sound practices into everything that we do.”
– Jeff Hartman